Skip to main content

How-to Make Kidney Table Skirt

This winter break, I decided to make a skirt for my kidney table to make my room look pretty and to cover up some junk. ;) I did not want to go into school any more than I needed to, so I bought my fabric on a whim without knowing correct measurements. I loved the fabric and figured out a way to make it work -- despite the fact that it was about 2 feet too short! 

Things you will need:
- It turns out my kidney table was about 11 feet, so I suggest buying at least 4 yards of fabric -- maybe even 4.5 to be safe (I had about 3 and had to get creative!)
- Liquid Stitch (unless you are fancy and actually sew!)
- Velcro Sticky Back Strips
- Fabric Scissors

Step 1: Measure how long your fabric will have to be from the top of the table to the floor. Cut your fabric accordingly. I added about an inch and folded it, then glued it with liquid stitch so that the bottom would not fray. 
(I had to add about a foot on both ends of my fabric from the leftover materials to make it fit the table). 


Step 2:  Cut small strips of the Velcro and attach it to the rim of your kidney table. I cut 1 1/2 inch pieces and placed them about a foot apart. 

Step 3: Enjoy your fancy table skirt with space for hidden storage. ;)


I couldn't just let the remnants go to waste, so I added a little "skirt" flap to the front and back of my easel. Extra hidden storage ;)



Good luck with your table skirts!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gingerbread Freebie

Here is a link to a couple free comprehension pages from my Gingerbread Unit. Enjoy! :) http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Gingerbread-Retelling-Pages-1605276

Champs Clip Chart

At my school we are required to utilize CHAMPS for behavior management. I have tried multiple ways over the past couple years, including making posters with the kids pictures for each regular part of the day, writing the expectations on the board, and using little picture cards. While the cards were cute and colorful, I had a really difficult time making myself change the cards for each component of CHAMPS for EVERY lesson during the day. It just took way too much time and energy. This past year, I utilized a CHAMPS clip chart. That was so much more convenient. It was posted in the area near my rug where most of my instruction happens. When it was time for a new lesson or activity, it was easy to quickly run down the chart, move the clips, and have students repeat the appropriate phrase back to me. The chart definitely saved me time and sanity! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/CHAMPS-Clip-Chart-Green-and-Blue-1303191 I also made other colored charts for different themed